- Where is Ukraine located?Ukraine is the second largest country and situated in the south-eastern part of Europe .
- What is the Capital of Ukraine and its population?Kiev is the Capital of Ukraine, which has an overall population of 50 million (UN, 2004 data).
- What is one of the major religion followed by the people in Ukraine?Christianity.
- What are the Universities you are representing in Ukraine?Contact us for Universities details.
- Are these Universities recognized or affiliated by any board of education or any other Educational Council?Yes, they are recognized by the Ministry of Higher Education of Ukraine.
- What is the duration of the program in Ukraine?The duration varies between 2 - 6 years depending upon the courses of study.
- What is the currency used in Ukraine?The currency used in Ukraine is Hryvnia and the coins are known as Kopiyka. US Dollars are also acceptable. US$ 1 = 5.2 Hryvnia approximately (Please check current FOREX rates for latest update).
- What is the language used in Ukraine?The language is Ukrainian, Widely used: Russian, English, French and German languages.
- What is the medium of instruction in Ukraine? The medium of instruction is "ENGLISH".
- Do we need to qualify any English test like IELTS or TOEFL for seeking admission into Ukrainian University?No, it is not mandatory, but there are educational support programs available for those who need extra help in areas such as ESL or who have learning disorders.
- Can we apply for the Work Permit after completion of the program?Yes, you can apply for the Work Permit. Universities itself provides job placement in Ukraine and other western countries.
- Does the student have to come back to his/her home country to apply?No, it is not necessary.
- Can we apply for Permanent Residence and citizenship of Ukraine?Yes, you can apply but after 2 years of regular stay in Ukraine as per Ukrainian Law.
- Are Ukrainian degrees valued globally? Yes, they are valued and recognised globally.
- How is the accommodation arrangement and what are the charges?The University Hostels are available for accommodation and it is included in the fee package.
- Can we pay the tuition fee in installments?Yes, you can pay the fee in installments.
- Do we need to pay the books and exam fee separately or is it included in the fee?It is included in the Tuition fee.
- Any other facility like airport pick up, bank account opening, etc. is provided?Yes, please check Services.
- Can we travel to any other countries while studying in Ukraine? Which countries, when and for how long?Yes, you can travel to other countries like UK, Germany, Sweden, Italy, France, Poland, etc. during summer and winter vacations.
- In which languages do the teachers teach?Studies are provided in Ukrainian, Russian, or in English language for International students.
- What services renders StudyInUkraine.org for foreign students?StudyInUkraine.org gives international students all the information about the Ukrainian higher education system and offers consulting support right from the time of your first contact with reference to the higher education in Ukraine till the end of the educational period of 2-6 years. Further to this, following could be considered some of the services that are offered by StudyInUkraine.org to the foreign students who wish to study at the higher educational establishments of Ukraine:
- Information about the different higher educational establishments of Ukraine.
- Processing of the students documents with the chosen University for the chosen specialty.
- Processing of the admission letter and the visa support letter from the University.
- Assistance in issuance of the health insurance.
- Meeting the students on their arrival at the International airport and accompanying them to the University and the hostel.
- Assistance in their hostel accommodation.
- Assistance with the registration, and documentation at the University.
- Assistance in opening the bank account and in sending facsimile and electronic messages.
- Consultation and help in all the regards during the education with the University, teachers and fellow students.
- Transferring the students from one University to the other and all related documentation.
- Communication with parents with regards to the academic and other behavior of the children during the educational period.
- All assistance and guardianship during the complete educational period.
- What is the visa invitation letter for education?The invitation letter for education is the official document, which is processed by the department of passport-visa service of the Ministry of Internal Affairs of Ukraine. It confirms that the student is admitted to a particular University. It specifies your passport with details and the full details of the University. This invitation support letter is required by the Ukrainian Embassy to stamp the visa on your passport. Generally, it takes around 2-4 days for the visa invitation to be processed at the Ministry of Internal Affairs. You need to apply to the Ukrainian Embassy for a visa during the validity of the invitation issued.
- What is the migration card?The migration card is the document which testifies that the student has crossed the border of Ukraine. It is an obligatory document for the further processing of the student registration and hence is an important document. Without the migration card the registration on the territory of Ukraine cannot be done and the student would be deported back to the home country. The migration card is handed out by the flight attendant on the plane or is also available at the airport on arrival at the immigration department. The card consists of 2 identical parts, which are necessary to fill. At the immigration of the International airport, the immigration officer stamps the both parts of the card and retains one while the other part is handed over to the student. Before leaving the immigration desk, it is important that you check that you have received the stamped part from the officer. It is important and obligatory to retain the migration card till the departure from Ukraine.
- How much luggage is allowed to be brought?While there is no general restriction in the weight of the luggage is brought from your hometown, it should be noted that the airlines allow 20-25 kgs of luggage to be carried free of cost. All excess luggages are to be paid on a Kg basis and may prove expensive. It is recommended to bring only the necessary things that are required and which you feel may not be available in Ukraine. All other things could be purchased in Ukraine. It is recommended to carry with you warm cloths like coat, boots, cap, gloves scarf etc, things of personal hygiene. For your journey in the period of September – October, you could carry with you an easy jacket, jeans, socks, sport boots while during the winter months of November – December you would need to carry a warm coat, a sweater, warm trousers, boots, cap, and gloves.
- Will I have to incur some additional expenses upon arrival in Ukraine?Upon arrival, the student should pay to the University the officially established charges for the registration, which would be around US$ 10-30. In some cases the University would require the student to be re-examined for HIV or medical fitness which would cost an additional US$ 10. Validity of the HIV certificate would be 3 months.
- What will be my average month expenses?Usually the expenses for first month of staying in Ukraine are more than those of the subsequent months. You will need about 400 USD for the first three months of staying in Ukraine. This is due to the reason that the student would need to pay the registration charges, purchase items of necessity etc. Subsequently, the average monthly expenses for food are about US$ 100-US$ 150.
- How do my parents can send me money for my expenses?Parents can send the money to the student bank account in Ukraine by the way of a wire transfer. The student is recommended to open a bank account as soon as the process of registration is completed, which normally takes around 8-14 days. After the registration is completed the student is required to come to the office of "Study in Ukraine", where one of the representatives would assist him / her to open a bank account where the parents could transfer the money. For opening a bank account, the student would be required to deposit an initial deposit of US$ 5.
- Whether a health insurance are necessary?Before the arrival of the student to Ukraine, "Study In Ukraine" processes the health insurance on the behalf of the student. Within several days of the arrival to Ukraine, the insurance certificate is given to the student. The health insurance guarantees that the student gets the required medical aid in times of illness according to the program of the insurance cover. The insurance policy mentions the names and the telephone numbers of the doctors and the hospitals. The insurance company also informs StudyInUkraine.org of the illness of the student who apply for the medical help. StudyInUkraine.org therefore is in a position not only to monitor and supervise the condition of the student’s health but also to inform the parents of the student and keeping them informed about the progress of the student’s health. Without the health insurance it is not possible to process the registration of the student. Therefore, the health insurance is necessary and obligatory for all foreign students wishing to study in Ukraine.
- What is the preparatory faculty and what is it for?The preparatory faculty is a special educational program with duration of 1 academic year (7-10 months). At the preparatory faculty students study Russian and or Ukrainian language and the special disciplines required depending on the future specialty chosen (language of science, mathematics, physics, chemistry, biology, computer science, geography, history, and literature). After completing the preparatory faculties the student pass through an examination. In case of a successful passing of the examination, the student receives the Certificate of the preparatory faculty. This certificate gives the student a right to enter any Ukrainian university without entrance examinations. But if the student chooses training in English or French language (only for medical specialties) he/she does not need to study at the preparatory faculty, he enters directly the first year of the degree course. Studying at the preparatory faculty starts on the September, 1st, every year depending on the formation of groups. (6-8 students in group).
- Is it difficult to study at the preparatory faculty?The program of the preparatory faculty is worked out for an ordinary level of complexity. The student who attend all the classes, carry out practical and home tasks, do not face any problems with studying in this faculty. If the student does not manage to successfully complete the preparatory faculty, he/she will have the opportunity to repeat training at the preparatory faculty at the same or other university in the next academic year. Repeating the preparatory faculty means that the student would be required to pay the tuition fees again.
- Will my parents be informed on my academic progress?StudyInUkraine.org constantly supervises the process of studying and receives the information on the student’s academic progress on a regular basis. The representatives of StudyInUkraine.org speak to the professors about the behavior and progress of the students. The received information is sent to the representatives of "Study in Ukraine" in your country, who in turn give it to the students’ parents.
- How can I get the information on the University where I’ll continue my education after the completion of the preparatory faculty?In the months of April — May every year, StudyInUkraine.org organizes an educational exhibition for the students of the preparatory faculty. Students can come to the office and get the information on the universities most suitable for studying according to the specialty chosen. StudyInUkraine.org managers give the information on the universities, cost and duration of studying, help students to make a correct choice, legalize the necessary papers; carry out transfers and admission to other Universities. The fifteen-year operational experience and high professionalism of StudyInUkraine.org guarantees performance of all the necessary procedures connected to the admission of the student for studying in any of the universities in Ukraine according to the specialty chosen. Acknowledgement of quality of work is the high reputation of StudyInUkraine.org among foreign students and the state universities of Ukraine.
- When is the beginning of vacations in the Universities in Ukraine?At the preparatory faculty, the program of studying is not divided into semesters; therefore winter vacations are not stipulated. At the end of January the students who have successfully passed all tests have one week of rest. Students who have academic debts try to pass through their tests again. Summer vacations last 2 months, from July, 1 till August, 31 every year. As for the degree course (5 years), winter vacations last 2 weeks from the last week of January till the first week of February every year. Summer vacations are the same as at the preparatory faculty — from July, 1st till August, 31st every year.
* Note: Student has the full right to choose the language for his/her studies.